Contact Us!

MMMMMarshmallows!!!!

Recipes are some of the best gifts to give. When I give a gift I try to make it homemade, time permitting of course. I also like to include the recipe I've baked with the goodies. Like a mini recipe exchange, as I pass on my recipes, I receive a few in return, it's great!! Because I specialize in sweet stuff, my gifts are usually something baked. This can be tricky when the goodies have to travel. For this reason, I'm passing on my marshmallow recipe. They can be made ahead of time and last for a long time. Another great thing about them is that they are a blank palate for the flavor of your choice. Some yummy ones to try are mint, coconut, strawberry and toffee. Try to use extracts as you don't want to add too much moisture to the mixture but for the fruit ones, add a couple of tablespoons of thick compote to give the marshmallows a great coloring.


Marshmallows

  • 3 pkg gelatin
  • ½C water
  • 1 ½c sugar
  • 1 c light corn syrup
  • ¼tsp salt
  • 1T vanilla extract

STEPS

  1. Combine the gelatin and water in the bowl of a mixer
  2. Combine the sugar, corn syrup and salt with ½ water in a saucepan and cook until dissolved and reaches 240 degrees. Remove from heat.
  3. Place the bowl with the gelatin and water over steam to dissolve gelatin
  4. With mixer on low slowly pour the syrup into the gelatin.
  5. Turn the mixer to high and mix until it is very thick about 8-12 minutes.
  6. Add flavorings and vanilla. Add as much extract as you want to achieve the desired taste. Try peppermint and put them in spiked hot chocolate, yum!
  7. Press into a pan lined with parchment paper and pan spray. This step gets messy!
  8. Allow marshmallows time to set at room temperature. Cut and roll in icing sugar. Keep in airtight container.

0 comments:

Post a Comment