Contact Us!

The hunt for baking supplies

I love living in Canada but it is difficult to get baking supplies that are from Canadian suppliers. I've ordered from the States which works but the import tax and be a killer. I've also ordered more specialized items from Ebay, this is also easy but the shipping can add up. If I could find a Canadian company that supplied a good selections of baking and pastry supplies I would be on happy girl. What I have found is Golda's Kitchen, www.goldaskitchen.com. I've made several orders from Golda's, they're priced reasonably and ship within two days. If anybody knows of any others please share.

I know this is a baking blog but I cook as well and am leaving a Parmesan Flan recipe. It's easy and very tasty!
Parmesan Flan
  • 1 Bay leaf
  • 1 Clove peeled and cut in half Garlic
  • 4 Eggs
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 200 g finely grated parmigiano reggiano
  • Salt
  • White pepper
  • 750 ml milk & cream
  1. Bring the milk, cream, bay leaf and garlic to the boiling point in a saucepan.
  2. Add cheese, turn off the heat, cover, and leave to infuse 15 minutes.
  3. Beat the eggs in a bowl. Temper into the cream mixture
  4. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
  5. Strain into a baking dish or into six ramekins.
  6. Set in a bain-marie and bake until just set, 30 to 45 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment